Loppenbooth is a photobooth created for the music venue Loppen. It is now in its 3rd iteration and currently consist of
- An iron enclosure with
- 10w LED light and diffuser
- Raspberry Pi with camera taking photos and pushing them to the cloud plus printing them over usb
- Pushbutton for snapping photos
- A Epson Thermal usb printer with 80mm paper
The photobooth currently has the following behavior
- on button press go to 2.
- fade up the LED
- take photo with PiCamera
- fade down the LED
- print photo via usb thermal printer
- upload photo to AWS S3 bucket for further experiments
- latest 50 pictures are available at booth.loppen.dk
The photobooth of course tells about this behaviour and is explicit about the upload etc.
The printed photos has a certain aesthetic to them with their rastering and so forth and reminds people of a combination of gameboy camera and polaroid.
Printing of a photo takes a few seconds.
Watch the video here.
Get the code here